Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Want to sneak in?


This is one of the scenes I like the most. I was really excited that I was getting to see Aiden working. Huge detail: this photo session was scheduled for 7 AM!! Aiden has really good friends, I guess, who would wake up around 6 am so he can take pictures of them.
I loved the interviews Cris and Sophia gave me. I liked how Cris has a tremendous respect and admiration of Aiden´s work, and how honest he is when he says he knew little or nothing about trans people before meeting Aiden. I feel we can relate to him. By "we" I mean myself and all those who have never met a trans person: those who I would like to be the audience for this short doc.
Sophia´s interview is just lovely. You can tell how much a close friend of Aiden she is, you can tell how she is happy to help with this project, but it is also clear how much she wants to respect Aiden´t privacy. I loved how she balanced that. You can see how much she loves her friend by how -while being helpful, spontaneous, and honest for this project- she makes sure to choose the right words in order to be a caring, respectful, supportive friend.
BTW: People have told me they can´t find the previous videos. They are here, here, here, and here. And also in our YouTube bar at the side of the blog. Duh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No harassment. You cheat, I´ll delete you. No dictatorship of freedom of speech here.