Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Worst Blogger Ever Award, 2010--but I´m compressing a new sneak-in video for you in compensation!

Yes, you can email me as many you-are-so-lazy letters as you wish. It is OK. More than letters, I have been receiving face-to-face complains from family and classmates for not uploading new material and, especially, for not posting the full short doc somewhere online. I´m sorry, people, but that´s not going to happen until we are accepted in a couple of festivals!
Truth to be told, the piece is finished. I turned in my revised capstone project on Dec 22nd and got a great grade. But I wasn´t happy. I wasn´t happy with it at all. So I was adviced to let the project "sleep" for a while and come back to it later. That is why you haven´t heard from me: I took exactly 5 weeks to decompress and calm down a little bit because, trust me, the scenario got pretty dark around here. Total meltdown.

I guess I am never happy with my own work. It is comparable to skinny girls who always complain about how fat they are: one doesn´t know if they truly have a mental disorder, or if they complain just to hear back "what do you mean? you look great!" In this case, it would be "what do you mean? this is awesome work!" I am definitely guilty of doing this, too (not the skinny girl part, the other one. I´m overweight, actually, and not so bothered by it) but it was for real this time. I hated my capstone. I had forgotten how my face looks when I cry really meaning it. I wrote a few things down: I´ll post them later. Edited, because they totally sound like I´m about to jump into the Potomac River!
So I spent this past month trying to reconcile with the piece, assimilating what went wrong, and now I am back in the editing room moving some stuff around and trying to come up with an HD version (got bad advice regarding formats at some moment; trying to fix the mess now) It isn´t perfect, but that is actually what I have to reconcile with: because of both internal and external factors, I can´t expect my capstone project to be the masterpiece of my life. Tell you more about it later, for now let´s enjoy the comeback. At the moment, I´m compressing some video to compensate you for the long absence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No harassment. You cheat, I´ll delete you. No dictatorship of freedom of speech here.